How do I read the library's ebooks on my tablet or device?
Ebooks from Ebook Central can be read on Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Click on the full download icon (first icon on the top ribbon)
3. When it asks "What device are you using?" choose your device, for example "Laptop Desktop" (Kindle isn't supported unless it's a Kindle Fire [Android])
4. Install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer https://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html (Be sure to click "No thank you" when it asks you if you'd like to install Norton or other offers)
5. Once you have ADE installed, go back to https://ebookcentral-proquest-com.libproxy.rpi.edu/lib/rpi/reader.action?docID=3339639&ppg=1 and click the "Download Your Book" button (step 3 when you click on the full download button from the top ribbon) and choose how long you would like to borrow it for.
6. Click on the .acsm file that you just downloaded to your computer and open it with Adobe Digital Editions
7. It will prompt you to authorize, which is done with an Adobe ID. If you do not have an Adobe ID, you can create an Adobe ID for free here: https://accounts.adobe.com/
- Alternatively, you can check the box in the bottom left "I want to authorize my computer without an ID"
8. Click authorize and ADE will have converted the file to a PDF for you to read on your computer in the ADE application.
There are some more details on the process here: https://proquest.libguides.com/ebookcentral/download