What are some library services and research tools? Why are they important? Can I make an appointment with a librarian?
The following are some of the tools and services that the Ritz Library offers:
- RitzDiscovery allows you to search across our catalogs and databases to retrieve books, ebooks, articles, media, etc. RitzDiscovery can be accessed through the Library home page and from all of our research guides.
- Databases provide access to ebooks, articles, newspapers, media, etc. We offer an extensive list of databases, many of them specialized such as Entrepreneurial Studies, Education Source, etc.
- Our research guides cover every major subject area offered at Dutchess Community College and can be considered a one-stop shopping mart of resources. Subject guides can be a good place to start your research on a given topic. In some cases, a specialized class guide may also exist.
- Chat with a librarian provides you online coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year through chat. Here you can ask librarians for help with your research needs. DCC librarians are available during regular open hours and covering librarians world-wide are available after hours to help you.
- Book-a-Librarian service enables you to make a private appointment with a librarian so you can work directly with a librarian on whatever your research topic is. Book-a-Librarian may be conducted in person or through Zoom, based on your needs.
- Visit About Us: Library Services & Collections to learn about even more services and tools.
Was this helpful? 0 0